Sunday, October 15, 2006

Tommy Emmanuel - The best guitarist you've never even heard of.....

Well, I'm a huge fan of acoustic guitar. One of the most underrated practioners of that lost art today is Tommy Emmanuel.

Let me try and convince you of that, with a few clips.

Ever seen an solo acoustic guitarist do a "drum solo " ? Turn it up....



Rock and roll on an acoustic ?



Who needs a Stat and a Marshall stack anyway ?

Beatles anyone ?



How about a little mini concert of some guitar pickin' for a Sunday morning ?



Want a lesson from him ?



Or on the other hand , you may just want to go and smash your acoustic guitar into little pieces....

If that last lesson doesn't do that for you, this one might :



Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............

And in concert.....live....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....



Angelina - a really nice guitar piece :



Since We Met : ( one of my favorites)



( I just love the middle eight on that one.... )

Just to finally discourage everyone totally....if you aren't by now....




If you click the link at the top of this post, you'll be directed to Tommy Emmanuel's website.

So , I hope you enjoyed learning about Tommy Emmanuel's work here, and hat's off to Australia's master of the guitar. We are not worthy....

I'm off to smash mine ..... ( just kidding)....( I think).....

No comments:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us